The American Health Care Association/National Center for Assisted Living’s Gero Nurse Prep course significantly increases RNs’ gerontological nursing competency test scores. Registrant’s can save $200 on Gero Nurse Prep through November 15, 2022 with promo code ROP3GNP (all caps).
Specifically designed for registered nurses working in long term care, this curriculum provides comprehensive online training that leads to board certification in gerontological nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) for RNs.
Research released by AHCA/NCAL in 2019 found compelling reasons to consider the Gero Nurse Prep course and ANCC Board certification for RNs. Nursing facilities with at least one ANCC Board certified RN experienced:
- Two fewer deficiencies on average (5.71 citations versus the 7.55 national average)
- Fewer Immediate Jeopardy (IJ) citations (1.60 versus the 2.27 national average)
- More stars — nearly twice as likely to be a CMS 5-Star facility (50% versus the 28% national average)
- Significantly lower re-hospitalization rates
- Significantly lower rates of off-label use of antipsychotics
- Significantly higher average SNF Value Based Purchasing scores (44.17 versus 34.42 for the nation)