AHCA/NCAL provides information and resources to help members respond to an emergency in a timely, organized, and effective manner. Find out what you need to know at https://www.ahcancal.org/Survey-Regulatory-Legal/Emergency-Preparedness/Pages/default.aspx
The article from Provider magazine discusses how clinical leaders can train nurses in various stages of growth through briefs and follow-through tutoring during resident assessments.
- Get vaccinated as soon as possible
- Wear a mask even if you are vaccinated
- Stay home if you feel ill
- Get tested if you have COVID-19 symptoms
To maintain compliance with CMS’ QSO memo on visitation 20-39-NH Revised, while ensuring the safety of residents and staff, AHCA/NCAL recommends that nursing homes enact policies that “strongly encourage” (but not require) all visitors to:
- Be vaccinated;
- Always wear a mask during the visit; and
- Have a negative COVID-19 test if the community spread of COVID-19 is moderate to high OR obtain a negative Point of Care test the day of or day before visitation.
Education takes center stage at the 72nd AHCA/NCAL Convention & Expo with over 85 education sessions to choose from in 16 tracks of learning. You can earn up to 15.5 CEs. Hot topics include trauma-informed care, rebuilding census, infection control and prevention, workforce, reimbursement, and much more. Register by September 24 and save.
- Two fewer deficiencies on average (5.71 citations versus the 7.55 national average in last cycle)
- Fewer Immediate Jeopardy (IJ) citations (1.60 versus the 2.27 national average)
- More stars — nearly twice as likely to be a CMS 5-Star facility (50% versus the 28% national average)
- Significantly lower re-hospitalization rates over the previous six years
- Significantly lower rates of off-label use of antipsychotics over the previous five years
- Significantly higher average SNF Value Based Purchasing scores (44.17 versus 34.42 for the nation). Higher SNF VBP Score = Higher Medicare Part A reimbursement rates.
With the Delta variant spreading rampantly throughout the U.S., AHCA/NCAL wants to keep members informed of the recent COVID-19 regulatory and Agency updates.
Find links to all these updates at https://www.ahcancal.org/News-and-Communications/Blog/Pages/New-Updates-to-Regulatory-and-Agency-COVID-19-Guidelines-.aspx
Gero Nurse Prep is an online training course designed to prepare RNs who care for elders to attain board certification in Gerontological Nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). This course equips RNs with a broad array of clinical knowledge, skills and competencies that are tested on the ANCC certification exam and essential for quality gerontological nursing practice and leadership of elder care teams.
To find out more:
Watch this short video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvKXcs-NO2o
Visit our website at https://www.geronurseprep.com/
Contact us at email@example.com for additional information or to answer any questions you might have.
- Rebuilding the Census
- Workforce and Leadership
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Survey and Regulatory Compliance
- Quality Improvement
- Technology and Innovation
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is now largely available for purchase. SNFs are expected to be using PPE at conventional capacity. AHCA/NCAL has developed a “PPE Action Brief” for facilities to print out, review, and take action today to ensure compliance.