This article from Long Term Care Leader contains links to videos to help you with coding accuracy under the new Patient Driven Payment Model.
Roughly 5000 facilities may suffer a ratings drop when CMS makes changes to the Five-Star Ratings System.
Learn more in the McKnight’s article CMS’latest 5 Star changes leaving a bad taste
A new federal report delves into the first steps nursing home leaders can take to avoid preventable harm to their residents. This 60-page resource from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services was released late last year and created with the Quality Innovation Network National Coordinating Center.
The report also includes a two-page appendix with six strategies SNFs can pursue to get started.
- Shore Up Staffing.
- Know the residents and their needs and plan care with them.
- Prevent, identify, and address gaps in care.
- Promote excellent multidisciplinary team work.
- Provide tangible leadership engagement with staff and residents.
- Ensure excellent, competent, available, continuous care—onsite.